Business Development Manager
Vacancy by Photonis
We as Photonis are a worldwide market leader in manufacturing electro-optic components used in the detection of ions, electrons and photons. We innovate and engineer quality components for integration into a variety of applications such as night vision optics, digital cameras, mass spectrometry, physics research, space exploration and many others. We provide the most widely deployed night vision tube, lead the mass spectrometer detector market, and have products installed in most space telescopes and high energy physics experiments in laboratories around the world.
To strengthen our Photonis Scientific Detectors Business Unit, we are looking for a:
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager for the Photonis IIT Division (Roden – NL) is responsible for developing the global scientific market of “Single Photon Counting” for the different products and solutions that the Division can offer. In this highly niche market, we are implementing a strategy to grow from photon detection components alone, to more integrated instruments and potentially full systems or solutions. The strategy portfolio includes both 3rd party solutions having Photonis components as a core, as well as our own new product developments.
The Business Development role starts with an in-depth analysis of the overall market for “Single Photon Counting”, identifying sub-segments with specific demands and needs, followed by defining the value proposition for each segment. This will require global traveling and attending relevant scientific conferences as well as actively targeting potential customers for direct sales of existing products.
In addition, in a marketing manager role you will steer and implement the specific marketing approach to target the defined product/market combinations. Next to that, you will also work closely with the global Photonis marketing team to realize marketing materials etc. for other products of the IIT Division. In this challenging position you are both a content provider as well as the hands-on support in specific target campaigns.
After establishing a knowledge and initial customer base, you are closely involved in fine-tuning the R&D roadmap for the IIT Division. Defining and implementing both a short and longer term strategy and product-portfolio in which the upward move in the value chain to a more instrument and/or solutions focus is pivotal.
Initial customers will be typical end-users like Universities, Research Centers and Institutes. Part of the strategy to implement, however, is to target OEM customers or (scientific) system integrators to incorporate our products and/or instruments in their offering.
The customer profile is typically scientific/technical with a high level of specialized know-how. You need to understand the science involved and you have to liaise with Photonis IIT scientists and engineers in translating requirements into enabling product specifications.
The team, the position
Based in our Roden office (NL) you work directly with your colleagues of the Scientific Detectors Business Unit: In particular with IIT Division management, the division R&D team and our global marketing team.
You will report to the Global BU Sales Director.
- Technical BSc (min.) in (applied) physics or electronics with spectroscopy experience
- Minimum of 3 years of BD or commercial experience in a scientific/spectroscopy field
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence and initiative
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good at setting up and maintaining a network
- Willingness to travel worldwide frequently and if needed on short notice
- Full-time / Location Roden, The Netherlands
- Furthermore, this position requires a hands-on mentality, initiative, enthusiasm and discipline as well as the ability to switch attention regularly.
what do we offer
- A challenging job in a booming high-tech company
- You get to work in an ambitious and growing organization with room for flexibility and (self-) development
- Work daily in a team of smart and curious people who are dedicated to one thing only: making sure our customers are successful
- Attractive salary and excellent fringe benefits
- A chance to travel the world and interact with different cultures on high tech topics
Does this position suit you? Want to know more? Send your resume and motivation letter no later than February 10th 2023, to email@example.com. For questions or further explanation you can contact Evert van Gelder (Sales Director for Scientific Detectors) via our reception desk +31 50 501 8808.By applying for this position, you agree that we will provide your personal data to our internal stakeholders. We may consult your LinkedIn account
How to apply?Apply now!
Want to look further?
Your dream job not yet found, but you are interested?Save this vacancy