Allround Mechanic – Philips – Drachten
Vacancy by Philips
Within the Maintenance Technical Service (OTD) we are looking for motivated technicians who want to be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs on complex, accurate production machines. The machines are used in the dynamic and innovative production organization where parts for shavers are made.
In this position you have the opportunity to
Improving machines and equipment in addition to solving disruptions. The improvements include safety, yield, quality, efficiency of our production machines and improvements in working methods within our own OTD organization. This is a position with a lot of diversity in 5 shifts.
You are responsible for
- Performing mechanical and electrical preventive and corrective maintenance and solving process disruptions. You base this, among other things, on analysis of data, documentation, own observations and conversations with MC (mini company) members.
- Making proposals for improving resources and processes to the Maintenance Engineers.
- The technical condition of machines and maintenance standards. You do this, among other things, by supporting professional operators in their performance of preventive work.
- The learning of knowledge to increase the independence of the mini companies.
- Thinking and realizing improvements to machines to bring maintenance to a higher level. You make choices by using your own experience and analysis.
- Working independently within existing procedures, methods and techniques that will not always be conclusive.
- Working to a high standard of safety within your work, for yourself and your colleagues.
You are part of
The maintenance technical service (OTD) within the Components department. The OTD is composed of shift mechanics and day shift mechanics who, together with production, keep the production machinery for producing trimmers in optimal condition.
To successfully fill this position, you must have the following skills and experience
- A completed MBO level 4 or MTS education in the direction of electrical engineering, control technology, mechatronics or general operational technology (AOT).
- Experience in maintenance and repair of (production) machines.
- Knowledge of maintenance system and methods.
- You are proactive, driven and creative and you think in solutions.
- You can work with standards and regulations.
- You speak Dutch fluently and you can read (at least) English and German with comprehension.
What we offer you
We offer you a route to a rewarding career. With the advanced (technological) challenges, inspiring teams, diverse learning opportunities and unexpected career opportunities, you will be able to shape your career in such a way that you are a welcome professional both inside and outside Philips. At Philips, we are also convinced that our company is at its best when our employees are too. That is why we offer excellent working conditions.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.