Assistant Production Manager – Philips – Drachten
Vacancy by Philips
In this position you have the opportunity to
As an Assistant Production Manager you are responsible for the daily management of one or more teams. You actively take the lead with regard to opportunities for improvement. As an Assistant Production Manager you come into contact with all facets of an operational organization such as organizing staffing levels, training, safety, quality, delivery reliability, stocks and costs. A position with a lot of diversity and challenge! This function is performed on a day shift.
You are responsible for
Recognizing improvement opportunities within the teams and you guarantee that the improvement goals that have been set are followed up.
The core of the function:
- ensuring that the requirements that apply to the different teams are met in terms of people, safety, quality, delivery reliability, stocks and costs.
- daily management of 5 team leaders and indirectly to approximately 50 production employees.
- Responsible for implementing improvements within the teams and cross-team projects.
- creating framework conditions for the team leaders to improve according to the standard and carry out larger change projects.
You are part of
The supporting group of Cold Forming & Hardening (OG-K&H), consisting of the production manager and the disciplines of maintenance, logistics, quality, technical support and (cost) engineering. Together you ensure that operational problems are solved and you facilitate larger improvement activities and you ensure that the teams function properly.
Within the K&H department, the blades and caps are made for all Philips shavers sold worldwide. In addition to the blades and caps, parts are made for the drive unit of the Sonicare toothbrush, the parts for the Oneblade and other so-called components (e.g. the nose trimmer). Production is made possible by a perfect collaboration between people and technology, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To successfully fill this position, you must have the following skills and experience
- Experience in a production environment.
- Management experience (in a production environment) is an advantage.
- HBO, preferably Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Technology Management.
- Business insight and strong affinity with technology.
- Coaching skills.
- Experience in improvement processes / LEAN processes and the ability to lead them.
- Initiative, enterprising, disciplined, decisive and result-driven and you have a flexible attitude.
- Of course you master the Dutch and English language.
What we offer you
We offer you a route to a rewarding career. With the advanced (technological) challenges, inspiring teams, diverse learning opportunities and unexpected career opportunities, you will be able to shape your career in such a way that you are a welcome professional both inside and outside Philips.
If you are interested in this role, go to the website and respond with your CV and motivation letter to the vacancy number: 443894.