Assistant Production Manager
Vacancy by Philips
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
As an Assistant Production Manager you are responsible for the daily management of one or more teams. You actively take the lead with regard to opportunities for improvement. As an Assistant Production Manager you come into contact with all facets of an operational organization such as organizing staffing levels, training, safety, quality, delivery reliability, stocks and costs. A position with a lot of diversity and challenge!
This function is performed in the two-shift operation.
You are responsible for
Recognizing improvement opportunities within the teams and you guarantee that the improvement goals that have been set are followed up.
The core of the function:
- ensuring that the requirements that apply to the different teams are met in terms of people, safety, quality, delivery reliability, stocks and costs.
- daily management of 5 team leaders and indirectly to approximately 60 production employees.
- Responsible for implementing improvements within the teams and cross-team projects.
- creating framework conditions for the team leaders to improve according to the standard and carry out larger change projects.
You are part of
The molding support group (OG-Moulding), consisting of the production manager and the disciplines maintenance, logistics, quality, technical support and (cost) engineering. Together you ensure that operational problems are solved and you facilitate larger improvement activities and you ensure that the teams function properly.
OG-Moulding produces plastic parts for Shavers, among others. There are more than 65 injection molding machines in the department, which make a multitude of products. This ensures a great diversity, which entails a lot of dynamics.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience in a production environment
- Management experience (in a production environment) is a plus
- HBO working and thinking level, preferably an HBO diploma in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Technology Management
- Business insight and strong affinity with technology
- Coaching Skills
- Experience in improvement processes / LEAN processes and the ability to lead them.
- Initiative, enterprising, disciplined, decisive and result-driven and you have a flexible attitude.
- Of course you master the Dutch and English language.
- Able to work in two shifts
In Return we offer you
We offer you a route to a rewarding career. With the advanced (technological) challenges, inspiring teams, diverse learning opportunities and unexpected career opportunities, you will be able to shape your career in such a way that you are a welcome professional both inside and outside Philips.
How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on
innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information
about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.