EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Vacancy by Kwant Controls
Are you looking for a job as a software engineer where you fall directly under the R&D, you can continuously innovate, develop new products/systems where you determine the level? Then apply directly at Kwant Controls!
Kwant Controls has been a leading manufacturer of state of the art high-end nautical instruments and systems for seagoing vessels for many years. By continuously innovating, through collaborations with the University of Groningen and the Innovation Cluster Drachten (ICD), Kwant Controls is seen as leading for the niche of human machine interface in which Kwant Controls operates. From the location in Sneek, we serve our maritime customers worldwide with more than seventy employees.
After more than 80 years of building instruments for complex and mostly seagoing ships (from cruise ship to naval frigate), we started focusing on propulsion control systems 10 years ago. In addition, we have a growing installed base ranging from dredgers to high-speed ferries.
To strengthen the team, we are looking for a full-time embedded software engineer.
What are you going to do?
As an Embedded Software Engineer you design and develop software for high-end operating equipment on board seagoing vessels. You innovate by developing new software, you come on seagoing ships to implement your own software and you validate embedded software on embedded electronics that you have developed yourself. In addition, you set up clear software architecture and set up software test protocols.
In short, as an embedded software engineer you have a varied position where you;
- Develop innovative software for seagoing ships, which you implement on the ship and which you release on in-house developed electronic control systems;
- Prepare clear software architecture based on customer wishes and requirements;
- Prepare and possibly execute test protocols;
- Supports with production related software matters such as; release, test calibration tooling and programming;
- Supports with assessing applications for technical risks and estimating the costs of development.
During your work, you work according to internally set processes such as change request and issue tracking. In addition, you work together with the product and production engineers to prepare the software for production.
Where necessary, you maintain the software and support the service engineers in commissioning products and systems on board.
What do we expect?
For the position of Embedded Software Engineer you are someone who works accurately and precisely, who likes to collaborate, help each other and share knowledge. You also work systematically, you are curious, you like to think in terms of innovations and you want to develop further. Furthermore, we expect that;
- You have HBO work and thinking level;
- You have experience developing embedded software in a multidisciplinary R&D environment;
- You master the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- You have experience with different programming languages such as C & C++ and related tooling such as Keil and MCUXpresso IDE;
- You have experience with communication protocols such as CAN, SPI and Ethernet, Real Time Operation Systems (RTOS) and version control systems such as GitHub.
What do we offer?
A fun, varied position with many possibilities, responsibilities and freedom in the position. A salary depending on your experience and education. Kwant Controls encourages continued learning and development and offers opportunities for this. In addition, we offer you a job for 4 to 5 days a week where flexible working from home is possible.
Are you interested?
Then we would like to meet you! Apply and we will contact you as soon as possible! Do you have any questions? Please contact Helle Koning-Kruitwagen 0515 746014 | firstname.lastname@example.org