Graduation internship: Error-free production
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
At Ventura Systems, door systems are assembled in three parts: the door leaf, the operator and the mounting set. To guarantee the quality of the various parts, in addition to the checks during the construction work, there are also special test lines, including for the drives. If a drive does not meet the high quality requirements, it must be adjusted and then tested again. A number of production data are recorded in the test report, including the reason for 'rejection'. The testing and repair process is currently not optimal and leaves room for greater efficiency.
What are you going to do?
Only the registration of drives that do not meet the quality requirements does not provide sufficient insight into the underlying process of the production of drives. That is why there is a desire to create a clear dashboard that provides better insight into the causes of a rejected drive. In addition, there is the desire to set up a working method that continuously improves the 'first time right' percentage, in other words how do we ensure that the drives that are offered at the test street always meet the requirements.
This higher first time right percentage should result in:
- Higher output with the current people and cells
- Reduced lead time of drive production
- More reliable lead time (less unexpected loss of time)
- Optimal use of the test stations
- Minimal queues and intermediate stocks
What does the assignment entail
You must investigate what information is needed as a production manager to manage production based on a dashboard in such a way that the first time right percentage can be adjusted in the event of a deviation. You are going to do a gap analysis about what information is already being registered and what extra is needed. This information must then be presented to the team leaders and foremen in such a way that it guides the day-to-day work. The dashboard must be able to be displayed on the screens in production, which requires some BI skills.
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Connect your profile and are you enthusiastic after reading the vacancy?
Then we would like to receive your motivation and CV. You can send your application to email@example.com for the attention of Margriet Land (HR Advisor).
Do you want to know more about this feature? Please feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure that you are contacted.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.