Graduation internship: Assembly process drives
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
The drive is the quiet power of a Ventura door system. As a bus passenger you do not see it, but the drive is the shielded beating heart of a moving door. These drives are made in six four-person assembly cells. Parts are supplied to these cells and tested drives are produced, after which they are packed and sent to the customer together with one or two door leaves and a mounting kit. It is then up to the customer to combine these three components in a bus into a working whole.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for an intern who will conduct research into the assembly of the drives. The quality of the production drives is generally very good and stable and the mechanics deliver quality. The question is whether we get everything out of it and whether we are really efficient. The department is a black box where parts go in and high-quality products go out. During this assignment you will investigate this black box and confirm or deny whether we are really doing it right. Think about:
- Is the process sufficiently efficient?
- Are there non-value-adding actions?
- For example, what does a Value Stream Map (VSM) teach us?
- Can we combine/split operations?
- Line production for runners?
- Outsource steps to our supplier?
- Are there unnecessary queues/intermediate conditions?
The assessment of the research is done on completeness, professionalism and objectivity. With the aim that Ventura Systems can use it for its policy. You will of course also receive a supervisor who will support you during the research.
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Does your education and your interest match this research?
Then you can respond by sending your motivation and CV to HR@venturasystems.com