Graduation internship: Automate line process
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
At Ventura, door systems are made for city buses that are built all over the world and also drive around. Between 140-180 doors are assembled daily. A door consists of two vertical tubes, two horizontal tubes, a piece of glass and a rubber around it. The assembly process is completely manual and consists of the following steps:
- Screw door frame
- Paste glass
- Mount rubber
At the moment, approximately 25 doors are assembled per day with 4 employees. Ventura wants to continuously improve at all times. For this reason, the glass is nowadays glued with sealant that contains a higher adhesion strength so that the drying time is minimized. However, this process depends on many variables.
What are you going to do?
Your task during this assignment is to investigate how the glue and glass bonding process within Ventura can be automated. This including with:
- Cleaning the door frame with IPA;
- Application of the crown band;
- Applying the double-sided tape;
- Applying the glue;
- Applying the glass;
- Putting away finished product.
The assessment of the research is done on completeness, professionalism and objectivity. With the aim that Ventura Systems can use it for its policy. You will of course also receive a supervisor who will support you during the research.
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Does your education and your interest match this research?
Then you can respond by sending your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org