Graduation internship: Use of GDPRs for Logistics
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
At Ventura, door systems are made for city buses that are built all over the world and also drive around. These door systems consist of a number of 'main components', namely:
- One or two door leaves
- A drive
- A mounting kit
What are you going to do?
It is up to the bus builder, our customer, to assemble these three components as a whole during the bus's manufacture into a working and complete door system. The drive is what is mounted above the door opening in the bus. The drive provides the movement that moves the door leaves in open and closed position. Mounting kit parts are required to make the door leaves and drive into a working door system in the bus. Parts included in this mounting kit include: door arms that connect the door leaves to the operator, door rods, loose knobs, loose air ducts, and other necessary parts. At Ventura, around 250 main components are assembled every day. The required parts are picked on carts by the logistics department and 'fed' to the assembly cells by means of a pull principle. The supply and removal of the pick carts and the finished product is done by one person. The so-called logistics runner.
With the expected growth in turnover and the current tight labor market in mind, Ventura wants to investigate the possibilities of having the logistics operations done by AVGs. The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a European regulation that standardizes rules for the processing of human resources data by private companies and public authorities across the European Union.
What does the assignment entail?
Ventura wants to investigate which logistical operations there are at the moment, what these costs and what the possibilities are for automating these and what the impact is. Think about:
- Type AVG suitable for today and the future of Ventura
- How to drive the AVGs
- Making article carriers suitable for GDPRs
- Impact of GDPRs on the shop floor layout
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Does your education and your interest match this research?
Then you can respond by sending your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org