Graduation internship: Label scanning outgoing goods
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
At Ventura Systems, door systems are assembled in three parts. The three parts are the door leaf, the operator and the mounting kit. The drive is what is mounted above the door opening in the bus. The drive provides the movement that moves the door leaves in open and closed position. Mounting kit parts are required to make the door leaves and drive into a working door system in the bus. Parts included in this mounting kit include: door arms that connect the door leaves to the operator, door rods, loose knobs, loose air ducts, and other necessary parts. A mounting kit consists of an average of between 20 and 30 relatively small parts. Furthermore, Ventura has about 200 employees all over the world, and you can just end up in the nicest team in all of Ventura, TQM! total quality management. Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the total quality and its assurance within Ventura.
What are you going to do?
As described above, we provide our customer with a mounting kit. If you compare our door system with an Ikea cabinet, the mounting kit parts are the handles, hinges, screws and plugs. If you find out during assembly that not all parts are present, your flow will be very disrupted. This also applies to our customers if the bus doors have to be mounted. The production lines are then disrupted and this causes frustration for our customers. Ventura would like to better guarantee the delivery of mounting kit parts in the right quantities and the right type. In the past six months, research has been done into ways/techniques how Ventura can better guarantee that the mounting kit parts always go to the customer in the right quantities and right type. This research has shown that the most suitable solution is Smart labeling (RFID Technique).
In the past six months, research has been done into ways/techniques how Ventura can guarantee that the mounting kit parts always go to the customer in the correct quantities and correct type. This research has shown that the most suitable solution is Smart labeling (RFID Technique).
The purpose of your research:
Step 2 within this project is thinking about how Ventura can implement label code scanning of articles in the shipping process. You can deal with this.
This includes investigating:
- Which code-scan equipment is suitable for use within Ventura;
- How the scanned information can be linked to current ICT systems;
- Which type of code is most suitable (barcode, QR, etc.)
- Where in the process are stickers applied (at the suppliers or in-house);
- Which form of labeling is suitable for the products;
- Printers to print the labels.
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Then you can respond by sending your motivation and CV to email@example.com