Graduation internship: Research ergonomically assembling door leaves
Vacancy by Ventura Systems
Ventura Systems CV is a manufacturer of innovative door systems and a leader in the development, sales, production and after-sales of automatic door systems for public transport worldwide. Our production is an important factor within Ventura Systems CV. Our bus doors are assembled here. With the help of an internship assignment, Ventura wants to know how the assembly can be carried out as ergonomically as possible.
What are you going to do?
At Ventura, door systems are made for city buses that are built all over the world and also drive around. These door systems consist of a number of 'main components', namely:
- One or two door leaves
- A drive
- A mounting kit
One of the important activities during the assembly of a door leaf is the mounting of the rubbers. This is a labour-intensive assembly step where a rubber must sometimes be pulled or pushed into the profile with great force. This assembly step can be compared to mounting a bicycle tire, for example. The difficulty of this assembly step causes back and shoulder complaints that Ventura wants to prevent as much as possible in the future.
Questions and topics that you will work with
Ventura wants to investigate how this assembly step can be performed more ergonomically. The first thoughts about this are about automating this by means of a robot or other powered tool.
What do we want to see in the research:
- Research into the current assembly method
- Research into automating this step
- Making a prototype
- Recommendation to Ventura regarding the outcome and its impact on the entire assembly
Will you join us?
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for public transport. Our products are supplied worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses and autonomous vehicles. From 2023, we will also be using our knowledge and experience to supply (electric) door systems for trucks for city distribution. We focus on the development of reliable, safe and tailor-made door systems for intensive use.
Our professionals create tailor-made access solutions that increase the quality of (public) transport systems and improve the functionality of the vehicle. We do this through a combination of the latest technology, a flexible production process and an eye for people and nature. It is not for nothing that the Ventura door systems are used by our customers all over the world.
What started small in 1994 has grown into an international company with offices in Bolsward, Germany, USA, Hong Kong and Australia. More than 200 professionals now work with great enthusiasm and pleasure at Ventura Systems.
What do we offer you?
- An international organization with a constant eye for innovation that is in full development and where you are sure of added value with this research;
- Collaboration in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates;
- An instructive internship for the duration of 20 weeks with a market-based internship allowance;
- The chance to stay with Ventura Systems after your graduation assignment;
- A small, large organization: small enough for fun, short lines and the opportunity for you to actually make a difference and get to know everyone. Large enough to be an important player in the market and to pay full attention to innovation and your personal development.
Does your education and your interest match this research?
Then you can respond by sending your motivation and CV to email@example.com