Manufacturing Cost Engineer
Vacancy by Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join a team of engineers to drive improvements in one of the most advanced manufacturing sites of Europe. You will contribute to produce multi-millions of advanced products for Philips Royal.
You are responsible for
Youare passionate about optimizing the processes, maintaining cost price framework and supporting introduction of new products.
- Leading and controlling the finances of the Site Manufacturing Engineering (SME) department, including but not limited to: Rolling Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, Department finances
- Supporting and improving department's financial reporting
- Per request and proactively advising and improving all process and organization challenges from a financial-technical perspective
- Creating insights into the relationship between processes and costs and advising the management and project teams
- Connecting with Finance & Accounting (F&A) departments (Innovation & Development, factory, business) regarding financial related topics like, cost/savings, capex and capital planning and support of operational result analysis
- Initiating improvement teams, always searching for new developments and alternatives, which can have a great impact on the total business
- Reviewing and understanding quotations of suppliers and providing feedback
- Executing operational activities as Purchase Order (PO) initiation
You are a part of
The Industrial Cost Engineering (ICE) department, in this case part of operations team located in the factory, consists of professionals and provides support to Drachten operations and in Amsterdam the Business Group from a technical, financial and organizational point of view. This relates to all products, production means and processes, which are within the framework of Philips Personal Health.
The ICE team is creating an insight into the relationship between processes and costs and therefore is playing a key role in advising the management and project teams. To find the best solutions for Philips it is vital to have an integral view across the full value stream. So your scope is certainly not limited to Drachten only, and has many aspects on a global perspective.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Technical or Economic Master's Degree;
- You have minimum 3 years of experience as a cost engineer in a technical or production environment (or you are an engineer with an interest in the financial side of technical projects);
- You have practical knowledge of Finance and Controlling, being able to understand relation and connection between cost price calculations, business cases, P&L and Balance Sheet;
- You are able to quickly switch gears between detailed analyzes and longer term higher level roadmap;
- You have the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You have excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communicator, able to accurately and succinctly communicate program and business status to partners at different levels. Engaging the project members up to presenting to senior management.
In return, we offer you
- A phenomenal start of your career in Philips in a team of professionals with great growth potential.
- Good balance between work/life balance through a great team approach. We support each other.
- You will receive a strong training plan and on the job mentor to grow your competences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.