Mechanical Lead Engineer
Vacancy by Spark Holland
Innovation mechanical engineering LifeScience
Spark Holland is a leading supplier of innovative sample introduction and separation technology for the life science industry worldwide. From a modern building in Emmen, we work with a team of motivated colleagues on technology that is applied in state-of-the-art instrumentation for UHPLC and SPE systems.
The equipment has been developed to improve production and efficiency in laboratories, where ease of use plays an important role. Spark has built a worldwide reputation with research-driven, often groundbreaking technology. The core of the often long-term relationship with customers is the focus on product development. Research, development, production, sales and marketing are therefore all carried out internally. Our daily functioning is characterized by teamwork and short lines of communication.
The Research and Development department consists of mechanical engineers, electronics engineers, software engineers and laboratory staff. Employees from these disciplines work in multidisciplinary teams under the guidance of a project manager on the development of new products. Projects within the R&D department are carried out according to a standardized process. The department has a matrix structure in which the line managers are responsible for substantive quality and the project manager is responsible for project management, including budget and timelines.
We are looking for a talent for the Mechanical Engineering department who wants to fulfill the role of lead engineer. Our ideal candidate is a substantive specialist with the talent to coach mechanical engineers in securing and improving the quality of the 3D designs created. You also have strong analytical thinking, you are a team player and dare to take your own responsibility.
What are you going to do?
- Checking 3D design (manufacturability, tolerances, tolerance calculations)
- Check design documentation
- Production drawings (completeness, corporate identity, tolerances, operations, measurability)
- FAIR (first Article Inspection Report) design (what and how is measured)
- Assembly instructions
- Module requirements (are they smart, complete)
- Test requirements (are they smart, complete)
- Test reports (execution of tests, quality documentation)
- Module Design Descriptions (Completeness, correct calculations)
- Maintaining and recording mechanical design rules.
- Sparring partner for engineers
- Supervising root cause analyses
You report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Who are we looking for?
You recognize yourself in the following qualities:
- “can-do” mentality
- Be willing to travel internationally (for trade fairs/conferences/customer visits)
You also have the following skills and experience:
- HBO/University WTB/Mechatronics training
- At least 3 years of experience as a lead engineer
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Experience with NX, Teamcenter is an advantage
- Knowledge of production techniques (machining, (injection) casting, sheet metal)
- Command of the English language