Vacancy by Spark Holland
LifeScience Technology Innovation
Spark Holland is a supplier of innovative sample introduction and separation technology for the life science industry worldwide. The technology is applied in state-of-the-art instrumentation for UHPLC and SPE systems. The systems have been developed to improve production and efficiency in laboratories, where ease of use plays an important role.
Spark Holland has built up a global reputation over the years with research-driven, regional technology. The core of the long-term relationship with customers is the focus on product development. Research development, production, sales and marketing are therefore all carried out internally.
As a Product Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our cutting-edge analytical solutions. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring that our OEM partners receive the highest level of support, guidance, and product knowledge. This role is ideal for individuals passionate about chromatography and liquid handling, possessing a strong technical background, and the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Product Expertise: Become a subject matter expert on our range of liquid handling instruments, staying up to date with the latest technological advancements and industry trends. Demonstrate a deep understanding of chromatographic techniques, applications, and instrument functionalities.
- Customer Engagement: Collaborate closely with OEM partners to understand their unique requirements, challenges, and goals. Provide tailored product demonstrations, training sessions, and technical support to ensure optimal utilization of our UHPLC instruments.
- Sales Support: Work closely with the sales team, providing pre-sales technical assistance, and participating in customer meetings. Develop and deliver compelling presentations to showcase the features, advantages, and benefits of our products.
- Training and Education: Develop and conduct training programs for internal teams, and OEM partners. Create comprehensive educational materials such as white papers, application notes, and technical guides.
- Market Intelligence: Stay informed about competitor products, market dynamics, and customer feedback. Contribute to the development of new product strategies based on market trends and customer needs.
- Customer Feedback and Product Improvement: Act as a bridge between OEM partners, end users and our R&D team, conveying customer feedback and insights to drive continuous product improvement. Participate in beta testing and validation processes.
- Events and Conferences: Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows. Engage with customers, showcase our products, and gather market intelligence.
- Educational Background: A bachelor's degree in a related life science field (like biology, chemistry, biotechnology) is a minimum requirement. Advanced degrees (Master's or PhD) is advantageous.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the life sciences sector, including current trends, key players, and regulatory environments. Understanding of the specific applications of products in HPLC, LC-MS, SPR, GPC, CE.
- Technical Expertise: In-depth knowledge of the products being handled, which include laboratory equipment, reagents & columns. This understanding includes their features, applications, and the science or technology behind them.
- Sales and Marketing Skills: Although primarily technical, the role often requires skills in sales and marketing. This includes the ability to effectively communicate product value to customers, conduct product demonstrations, and develop marketing strategies.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are crucial. This includes the ability to translate complex scientific concepts into simpler terms for customers who may not have a deep technical background. Communication skills in Dutch and/or German are optional.
- Customer Service Orientation: Ability to interact with customers, understand their needs, and provide solutions. This includes handling inquiries, feedback, and potentially complaints.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyze market trends, customer needs, and product performance. Also, the skill to troubleshoot problems related to product use or application.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Working effectively with cross-functional teams, including R&D, sales, marketing, and service teams, to align product strategies with company goals.
- Organizational Skills: Managing multiple tasks, from training staff about new products to keeping track of sales targets and customer feedback.
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning: Keeping up-to-date with scientific advancements and changes in the market. The willingness to continuously learn and adapt is crucial in the fast-evolving life sciences field.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, which can be especially important in areas such as pharmaceuticals and medical devices.