Project Engineering Group Manager
Vacancy by Photonis
We as Photonis are a worldwide market leader in manufacturing electro-optic components used in the detection of ions, electrons and photons. We innovate and engineer quality components for integration into a variety of applications such as night vision optics, digital cameras, mass spectrometry, physics research, space exploration and many others. We provide the most widely deployed night vision tube globally, lead the mass spectrometer detector market, and have products installed in most space telescopes and high energy physics experiments in laboratories around the world.
As the Project Engineering Group Manager you are owner of the Engineering project organization in Roden. Together with the Project Engineering Group Manager in the factory in Brive, France, you work close to manage the Photonis project organization ensuring the OQOTOC of projects. On top of this you ensure coherence between the Engineering disciplines within the site in Roden and you are responsible for the technical performance of the entire production process. You will manage local industrial developments in connection with the strategy of Photonis, in cooperation with Product Engineers. This results in the definition, implementation and qualification of new equipment and the optimization of implemented tools and processes.
- General management: eg improvement of product/process performance, providing expertise to other parties, ensuring cooperation between Sustain-, Project- and Product Engineers.
- Project management: eg setting up of project mandates, validation of phase finalization of projects, validation of project plans in accordance with fixed approaches.
- Cooperation with other disciplines: eg connect the Engineering organization in Brive and Roden, acknowledge improvement potential in production process, set up and follow-up of communication plan for project progress.
- Team development: eg coaching, developing and support of all team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and preferably a Master's degree in Engineering Management, Technical Management or Business Administration
- Proven supervisory and technical skills in an industrial/technical environment
- Good at finding solutions from the process and/or product specifications to meet the performance asked by the customer
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced with implementing problem-solving tools and performance optimization monitoring tools
You are an entrepreneurial team player with an analytical mindset, eager in taking challenges and getting things done one way or another. Also, you like to motivate your team. You are a strategic thinker and experienced in managing projects.
Terms of employment
- A full-time job in a booming high-tech company
- An attractive salary and secondary conditions (eg 40 vacation days)
- In this position you visit the factory in Brive with some regularity
Are you excited by reading the above? Send your CV and cover letter before September 30 2022 to HRM, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, you can contact Sander Heuker, Director Engineering, via our reception desk at 050-5018808.