Project Management Office Manager – Philips – Drachten
Vacancy by Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips Drachten is a dynamic organization that designs and realizes consumer products by, developing and utilizing world-class industrialization solutions. As one of the leading innovation and manufacturing sites of Philips, the Philips factory in Drachten is constantly strving to improve performance of products and process for multiple businesses.
One of these improvements, is the installation of a Project Management Office (PMO). In this role, you have the opportunity to launch the PMO and lead it towards a fully functional organ of factory Drachten.
You are responsible for
- Managing the activities of a technical project management department with responsibility for project portfolio KPIs
- Ensuring on time, within budget, with desired quality and efficiently resourced project execution
- Being the owner of the entire project portfolio of Drachten Operations, including but not limited to: innovation projects, technical development projects, improvement projects
- Understanding the right balance between business and customer need
- Developing midterm engineering strategy, resource and training plans
- Communicating project portfolio progress with stakeholders
- Ensuring the right capabilities are assigned to projects
- Ensuring adherence and proposing improvements to business processes
- Driving teams' project management capabilities to a higher level
- Driving a large diverse team consisting of all aspects of project management
- Supporting make or buy and in/outsourcing decisions
- Supporting definition of continuous improvement programs (lean) and ensuring continuous improvement of own department
You are part of:
In this role you are part of the Site Manufacturing Engineering (SME) organization, which is situated between Innovation & Development and Factory Drachten, in which you manage the Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO is responsible for the execution of all projects in Dtn Operations and reporting directly to the engineering director. The PMO team consists of project leads, project support officers and financial engineers.
Within our factory we produce products for the business units Male Grooming, Mother & Child Care and Oral Healthcare as part of the Personal Health cluster of Philips. We employ 1100 employees in a 6-hall factory of 72,000 sq meters.
Operations is part of the Site Drachten, where we next to Operations activities also perform Innovation activities for Male Grooming, Female Depilation and Healthy Sleep solutions. In total we host 2100 employees in Drachten and a diversity of 35+ nationalities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experiences
- Able to contribute at a high level of professional and intellectual ability (Bachelor's degree)
- Autonomous to drive own actions, results oriented and eager to learn
- Minimum of 10+ years cross-functional R&D/NPI/Product Development- Project/Program management experience in regulated product environments
- Proven experience in driving AND managing large diverse teams consisting of all aspects of project management
- Preferably PMP certified
- Six Sigma Black belt certified or evidence to perform on black belt level
- Excellent influencing skills, conflict resolution, assertiveness, negotiation in collaboration with management. Fluency in English and Dutch
- Ability to communicate through the different organizational layers of Philips
- Knowledge of project management methods (PMBOK)
- Demonstrable financial knowledge
- Understanding of the critical success factors in Manufacturing
- Helicopter view, able to deal with pressure
- Excellent stakeholder management
In return, we offer you
- A competitive package
- 25 Holidays per calendar year
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Long-term incentives grand and opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please read the complete job description on our website and upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 425829.
Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is Friday, 4 February 2022..
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.