Service Software Engineer
Vacancy by Beenen
Imagine: You look proudly from the balustrade over the fully automated warehouse of your client. The automated guided vehicles crisscross each other and bring the products to the right place. In the back of the hall, packing robots are busy preparing the transport. Recently, together with the client, you have resolved the latest malfunctions and implemented the improvement proposals you advised. Thanks to you, the processes are now even more efficient.
This is the future! Are you excited about this? Do you have the knowledge to completely unburden our clients? And do you help them to produce in a smarter, safer and more sustainable way? Then we need you as a new Service Software Engineer.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will be working with 230 enthusiastic colleagues from our offices in Zwolle and Heerenveen. Your team consists of 8 Service Software Engineers. This team specializes in both machine controls and process controls. Technical developments are moving fast as you know. That is why we invest heavily in the development of our employees. For example in the field of big data and robotics. Yes, we are technically up-to-date and can therefore always optimally advise our clients.
What do you usually do during a working day?
As a Service Software Engineer you are available 24 hours every 5 weeks for 7 days for malfunctions in operating systems and fieldbuses/networks at our clients.
You know how to solve these malfunctions from the office, at home or on location.
You support project teams with the commissioning of new construction and optimization projects.
You occasionally also work in-house with our clients on challenging projects; you analyze problems and come up with proposals for improvement.
No day is the same for you and you are therefore constantly challenged technically.
Who we're looking for
To further strengthen our team of engineers, we are looking for a Service Software Engineer: a solution-oriented technician who analyzes problems and can translate the needs of our clients into appropriate automation solutions. Someone who knows the importance of industrial processes, likes a challenge, is curious about the unknown and who likes to do things his or her own way.
As a Service Software Engineer:
- Do you have the technical knowledge to optimally advise our clients?
- Do you have strong communication skills and technical analytical skills?
- Do you have knowledge of industrial processes, so that you can optimally think along with our clients.
- Are you customer- and solution-oriented? You are the first point of contact for our clients in case of malfunctions and optimization projects. A true ambassador.
- You have experience with software development and commissioning operating systems.
We are of course mainly looking for a Service Software Engineer who suits us in terms of character, motivation and technical knowledge. In addition, our ideal candidate is most likely:
- A technician with a completed HBO education in electrical engineering, mechatronics and/or software engineering.
- Inquisitive, technically curious and someone who wants to continue to develop.
- A Software Engineer for whom software from Siemens, Beckhoff, Rockwell and Wonderware knows no surprises.
Do you recognize yourself in the above points? Then you could just be our new Service Software Engineer.
What we offer
- As a Service Software Engineer you have all the space, possibilities and freedom to further develop yourself.
- A great salary
- Profit-sharing scheme.
- 8% consignment fee and call fee per failure.
- Possibility of a lease car.
- You work for major clients, such as FrieslandCampina, Huhtamaki, Aware, Philips, DOC, NLR and the Province of Friesland.
- A workplace with pleasant and inspiring colleagues.
Have you become completely enthusiastic after reading this vacancy and do you want to work at the largest industrial automation company in the Northern Netherlands? Do you have the technical baggage, communicative and customer-oriented skills we are looking for? Then don't hesitate and apply with us as a Service Software Engineer. This can be done via the form below, so it's done quickly. For questions about the position and/or the procedure, please contact Gerjan Schoemaker on telephone number 06-27042913.