Vacancy by BD Kiestra
Innovation Purchase Microbiology Technic
Are you that spider in the web who is commercially and technically driven and who feels at home in a dynamic environment and who likes to be in control? Then we BDKiestra have a challenging job as Sr. buyer for you.
Let's introduce ourselves first:
BD Kiestra is part of Becton Dickinson, which strives to improve healthcare with more than 80,000 employees in 150+ countries. We do this with technical solutions that increase efficiency in healthcare, improve safety and reduce healthcare costs. BD Kiestra falls under the diagnostic branch of BD. Our goal is to transform microbiology by making laboratories better and more efficient through automation. We are originally a Frisian company where many nationalities work together. Once inside, you can taste the international character in combination with the down-to-earth Frisian approach mentality. Every day we work with passion and an enormous drive on 'life changing' products that have an impact on public health worldwide!
Who are we looking for?
Due to the strong development of BDKiestra, there is a need to expand the current purchasing team. In your role as Sr. The buyer is expected to actively contribute ideas and to give direction to further professionalization of the purchasing function. As a commercial team player, your vision, expertise, initiative and decisiveness become important.
In this role you are operationally-tactically responsible for some of the BDKiestra suppliers that provide goods and services. You will work closely with other departments within the BD Kiestra organization and colleagues from our European Procurement organization for both projects and regular Business and will therefore make an important contribution to guiding and organizing scaling up of purchasing for the entire BDKiestra Product Portfolio. You are firmly in your shoes and you like to further professionalize the purchasing function in this dynamic working environment. You are no stranger to entrepreneurship. You report to the Purchasing and Planning Manager.
This is what you will do:
- Managing a number of suppliers in word, but also in deed.
- Monitor supplier performance (delivery, quality, warranty) and resolve any issues with suppliers, where appropriate in close collaboration with your QA colleagues.
- Drafting a quote request
- Negotiate with your suppliers about quotes issued on the basis of award criteria.
- Contractual specification and recording of agreements made with suppliers (price, payment, logistics, quality, warranty and legal aspects).
- Independently drafting and concluding purchase contracts and/or orders for goods/services that fall outside framework contracts.
- Maintaining relationships and partnerships with your key suppliers.
- Co-analyzing and elaborating the purchasing needs into purchase orders using our ERP system
- Inventory and involvement of internal and external expertise that is important in new process and/or product developments and specific purchasing needs.
- Numerical representation of the purchasing performance/results.
- Laying out a vision about the opportunities of new developments in the field
- Advising, co-deciding and executing the purchase of investment goods and new or strategic purchasing processes and further supply chain professionalization.
- Conducting purchasing market research to determine whether suppliers can meet the supplier criteria (delivery time, reliability, continuity, quality, service and technological developments).
- High degree of independence.
- Sparring partner Manager Purchasing & Planning
We are of course mainly looking for a Sr. Buyer who fits us perfectly in terms of character, motivation and drive. In addition, our ideal candidate is/has:
- HBO diploma (HTS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar) supplemented with at least NEVI1 or demonstrably comparable.
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience at an operational/tactical level in a technical environment.
- Strong negotiator with good communication skills in Dutch, English and German (oral and written).
- Analytical ability and numerical insight.
- Commercially driven.
- You feel at home in the world of applied technology, mechatronics and IT.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Be prepared to visit suppliers.
With whom and for whom do you work?
- BD Kiestra is an innovative company with passionate, committed colleagues who have a strong bond with the organization. The local purchasing department consists of 7 employees. Our global purchasing team is more than 300 strong and of many different nationalities.
- Have you already become enthusiastic and are you curious about what we have to offer you? Read more about this unique feature below.
This is what you get from us
- Of course BD offers excellent working conditions
- Unlimited possibilities for further development of your career, nationally and internationally;
- Training and education at BD University;
- You will be part of a company that makes a tangible contribution to global healthcare, saving and improving lives of people around the world;
- The opportunity to participate in an international volunteer program;
- BD has a very active staff association that annually organizes everything for the employees and their families, such as a Sinterklaas party, Christmas breakfast and New Year's drink.
- Hybrid working is the new normal at BDKiestra.
Have you become completely enthusiastic after reading this vacancy and do you want to work for an international player in the medical world with revolutionary solutions for healthcare? Do you have the brains, skills and drive we are looking for? Do not hesitate and apply with us as Sr. buyer.
Who knows, we may soon welcome you to our cozy and informal team!
How to apply?