Photonis Netherlands B.V. is the market leader in the development, production and sales of high-tech residual light amplifiers that are used in the industrial, scientific, medical and night vision market. Approximately 250 employees are working at the production plant in Roden; in addition to production, departments such as R & D, Finance, Engineering, SCM, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing are also located in this facility. Photonis is an international no nonsense organization that works on success with an enormous drive. Due to changes in the Purchasing organization, a new function has been created.
Purchasing Program Manager (m/v)
In this position you are responsible for the development, management and execution of the purchasing activities, related to product development and to the industrial strategy. You work in close collaboration with internal and external partners on new products, processes and services. You make decisions regarding make-or-buy transitions and second sourcing with new and existing suppliers. 'Early supplier involvement', the involvement of suppliers at an early stage, 'design to cost', industrial and technical risk analyzes and risk mitigation are key parameters in the realization of in time delivery against the right conditions. After the completion of the supplier development phase, the supplier will be transferred to the Purchasing Category Manager. In this function you will report to the Purchasing Director Europe, who is part of the operational steering committee. The location where you work is Roden.
- Optimizing price, quality, delivery times and payment conditions.
- Support the Purchasing Category Managers in the development and implementation of the category strategies.
- Coordination of activities in the longer term with regards to the business and to the suppliers.
- Support internal and external audits with regards to the purchasing process.
- Active participation in both internal and external improvement processes to improve the acquisition function.
- Contribute to the development of specific and generic supplier management tools, supplier assessments, vendor performance definitions and measurement methods and use these tools to improve vendor performance.
- Coordinate supplier improvement programs in the areas of cost, quality, delivery reliability, logistic and administrative processes.
- Involved in supplier ratings / ratings, key figures, audits.
- Work closely and constructively together with various functions within the company: Supply Chain, QA, R & D, Planning, Operations / Production and the Legal Department.
- English: fluently in word and writing
- Knowledge of MS Office, ERP and preferably MRP (Materials Resource Planning)
- Experience with key suppliers and experience in building relationships with suppliers
- The ability to communicate with internal and external parties on a senior level
- Critical thinker with strategic perspective and result-oriented mindset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and programs such as LEAN and Six Sigma
- Knowledge of and experience with Project Management
- Higher education level preferable, technical knowledge
- Customer focus, building a supplier relationship
- Vision on purchasing
What do we offer
- A challenging job with its own responsibility and independence
- An important role within an ambitious organization
- Space for self-development and training
- A team with nice colleagues
- Market-based salary and excellent secondary employment conditions
For further information you can contact the HR department Roden, telephone number 050 - 501 88 08.
Please note that in this function you visit the factory in Brive (France) with some regularity.
Send your motivation letter and CV no later than 31th January 2019 to HR Roden: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for this position you agree that we will provide your personal data to our internal stakeholders. We can consult your LinkedIn account.
This vacancy is simultaneously vacant both internally and externally. In the case of equal suitability, internal candidates have priority.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.