To strengthen our Research and Development team, we are looking for an:
Embedded software developer (F/M)
PHOTONIS is a worldwide market leader in manufacturing electro-optic components used in the detection of ions, electrons and photons. We innovate and engineer quality components for integration into a variety of applications such as night vision optics, digital cameras, mass spectrometry, physics research, space exploration and many others. We design and manufacture in four state of the art facilities across the globe and work with our customers to continually bring improvements and innovation to our products. We provide the most widely deployed night vision tube globally, lead the mass spectrometer detector market, and have products installed in most space telescopes and high energy physics experiments in laboratories around the world.
As an embedded software developer your main activities will be around the development of new smart high voltage power supplies for image intensifier tubes and the development of high speed digital night vision camera’s. You will be able to work with the newest technology available in the field of night vision, to improve the performance of our existing products and components and to develop new state of the art solutions.
You will operate within a multinational R&D organisation with over 50 Scientists and Engineers on locations in Roden (NL), Brive (FR). Within this organisation you will be part of the Digital Vision Group, located in Roden.
Your main task is to develop and implement smart and efficient algorithms to improve upon or add features to current designs and to develop new designs based on end user requirements. We are looking for an energetic team player with an analytical mind set. You like having challenges in your daily work and solving them both independently and in close cooperation with your colleagues.
- University or HBO degree in Informatics/Embedded Systems/Electronics or similar
- Experience of minimum 4 years in an industrial environment
- Proven skills in embedded software design and implementation:
- Embedded C
- Efficient design with low resource usage
- Skills in design of embedded algorithms for signal analysis
- Experience with one or more microprocessors such as:
- Xilinx/Altera SOC ARM
- TI MSP 430
Experience with or knowledge of the following subjects is a plus:
- ASM, C++, MATLAB
- FPGA HDL, -Soft Cores, -SOC Design
- Image processing
- Real-time Operating Systems
- Working in a project management environment
- Working in a change tracking environment
- Written and spoken English and Dutch is mandatory, French is a plus
- A fulltime job in a booming high-tech company
- Working together with colleague’s in a structured multi-site environment.
CV and cover letter to be sent to HRM, PHOTONIS: firstname.lastname@example.org