Development Engineer Acoustics
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, with colleagues from Innovation, Research, Marketing and external experts.
You are responsible for
- Develop and apply (new) acoustic & dynamics technologies for Philips Health-tech
- Participate in innovation projects as project member or consultant. The end-result of your work includes generated knowledge, predictive models, acoustic & dynamics measurement techniques and/or the pre-development of modules for the next product range
- Build up and maintain a wide competence network
- Design and evaluate solutions and define new directions
- Analyze patents in the area of expertise
- Explore developments in your field of knowledge and translate them into ideas and project proposals
You are a part of
the Technical Expert Group (TEG) we are delivering solutions in end-to-end product development from Personal Health to Health Systems. Our group consists of senior experts in the domains of Fluid Dynamics, Thermal Management, Dynamics and Acoustics, Materials and Finishing, Chemical Analysis and Applied Chemistry.
We’re part of the larger Product Engineering organization and we draw upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses and Philips Research. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master in Mechanical engineering / physics / acoustics / dynamics
- At least 2-3 years experience as a development engineer in industry, ideally B2C or mass production in a global setting
- Technical expertise in the domain of acoustics or dynamics on requirements gathering and defining, test and verification design & execution and technical design
- Strong digital skills like data processing, modelling, programming and Pulse/ML-AI/Python
- You can quickly identify the customer problem and translate this into a problem definition and agreed approach
- Influencing skills to drive decision making and develop partnership
In return, we offer you
A high tech environment where you will be working in a team of experienced engineers on key innovations primarily for Philips but also for large external companies.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at the Campus in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.