Director Advanced Development Home Care (Domestic Appliances)
Vacature van Philips
Are you ready to drive the development of our new Floor Care product innovations at our location in Drachten, the Netherlands? Do you have a vision combined with the right attitude to lead a team of technical professionals? Then this might be a unique opportunity for you.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive the innovation pipeline for the next generations of Floor Cleaning devices. Cordless vacuum cleaning is an exciting new category enjoying great business momentum in the market. As our Director Advanced Development Home Care you are responsible for ensuring a healthy innovation pipeline in all stages of predevelopment ranging from front end innovation, technology projects as well as new function and feature developments for commercial projects.
You are responsible for
- Managing and coaching a strong team of technology specialists, creative engineers and advanced development project managers, IP experts with the right skills and capabilities
- Ensuring a healthy pipeline of new innovations, technologies that can be successfully integrated into new Floor Cleaning product concepts and prototypes and broader business offerings around the product, like digital connectivity. Drive a strong patent portfolio.
- Drive the combined set of advanced development projects on schedule, budget and quality.
- Seamlessly transferring new product concepts and features to the product development organization that brings these innovations to mass production.
- Enabling the organization to stay on top of new technologies and new developments and applying these technologies in new product concepts.
- Coaching project managers and technology experts on development logic and development tools (like DFSS, modeling, DOEs).
- Guiding the Advanced Development projects for Air that are running in Drachten together with the Innovation Lead Air (located in Shanghai).
- Working together with suppliers, technology partners and development houses to develop a vivid innovation ecosystem.
- Closely working with the marketing team and other functions to define the most important product and technology features roadmap.
You are a part of
In this role you will be part of our Home Care Innovation team. Home Care is a Business Unit in the Philips Domestic Appliances BG consisting of Floor Care and Air categories. Cordless vacuum cleaning and air purification are amongst the fastest growing business categories in Domestic Appliances. You will be reporting into the Home Care R&D Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 10 years of experience in various research, technology development, product development, project management leadership roles.
- MSc/PhD in Engineering related fields such as Mechanics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics or equivalent.
- Proven experience in developing new ideas, technologies and new concepts to successful market launch. Experience in driving complex multidisciplinary technology projects.
- Good business acumen, seamlessly collaborates with marketing, design and other functions and disciplines.
- Creative mindset seeing potential of new technologies and ideas and driving innovations.
- Familiar with Intellectual Property Rights.
- Good knowledge of development principles and tools (DfSS, DOE, Lean Development, etc.)
- A mature, inspirational people manager with exceptional leadership skills.
- Strong communicator and team-builder within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
In return, we offer you
An inspiring experience with our daring and high-performing team. You’ll be joining a family that celebrates successes together. Our goal is for you to get better every day and we do that by helping you become the best version of yourself. It’s your unique journey. You set your own course – we’ll help you get there.
Why should you join Philips?
We are a start-up of over 7,600 people with incredible products, solutions, and strong market foundations. You’ll be joining a market leader with EUR 2.3 billion in annual sales in 2020, across kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances.
Our groundbreaking, award-winning and sustainable innovations, such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, help create happier and healthier homes around the world.
We’re on an adventure. From January 2020, Domestic Appliances separated from Philips and we’re heading out into the big wide world ready to thrive and triumph on our own two feet. It’s an exciting time and, backed by 130 years of experience in innovative reinvention, we’re set up for success.
Working at Philips Domestic Appliances is more than just a job. It’s about joining our family and our adventure while creating your own. It’s about starting an inspiring journey that will have a lasting and positive impact on your personal and professional life.
What do you say? Come join our adventure. We dare you.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs