Domestic Appliances – Knowledge Manager for R&D
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Within the R&D you are keeping the flywheel of knowledge creation, capturing and reuse running. You know what competencies DA needs now and in future and you ensure that the organization has visibility of the availability of these and develops them at the right speed. You offer tools and methods for knowledge flow and competency development and related training framework. You structure the available knowledge in an accessible way. You enable and support the expert networks within DA as an important driver of knowledge sharing and competency development.
You are responsible for
- Enabling knowledge flow within and between R&D projects globally
- Maintain overview of critical R&D competencies and support development of these within the functional teams
- Set up and nourish the expert networks across DA R&D
- Set up and maintain the training offering in the area of R&D and R&D processes
- Moderate and continuously improve the knowledge database of DA R&D
- Teach and coach methods to improve the flow of knowledge
- Nurture the exchange of knowledge with the outside world (public funding, subsidies, university relations) that is done locally
- Support Open Innovation (SPICE) together with the Manager of the Technology Engineering team.
You are a part of
You are part of the Lean Process Excellence team, that is a central team within the Domestic Appliances R&D organization, that not only aims at creating and maintaining a solid set of processes and related IT applications, but also to support the improvement of the ways of working at large within R&D. The team will consist of 6 team members. Some traveling will be required to the Development sites.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Understanding of lean knowledge management and knowledge based development methods
- Experience with competence development within R&D
- Ability to organize, nurture and inspire networks of experts
- Ability to connect people internally and externally
- Ability to translate visions into workable processes
- Able to think at process level
- Good communication skills
- Training skills: ability to create training (choose the best means) and deliver it, including train-the-trainer
In return, we offer you
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and in an international environment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.