Domestic Appliances Supplier Quality Team Lead
Vacature van Philips
Proactively engineer quality and ensure compliance for raw materials, components, finished products etc., from suppliers partnering with I&D, Operations and Procurement. Develop and support gaps at suppliers, including supplier quality system and process development activities.
The work is aimed at both New Product Introduction as at sustaining Supplier Quality. Next to your supplier quality engineering responsibilities, gain working experience as a team manager.
You have about 70% Supplier Quality Engineering and about 30% management tasks. Working partly from home is possible.
You are responsible for
- Managing a narrow team of Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Leading and/or performing Gap Analysis audit, engaging proactively with PHILIPS and Supplier stakeholders for derisking. Ensuring and facilitating similar de-risking activity on Critical to ”X“ parts and elements of suppliers (N –Tier Mgt).
- Participating and engaging Product Development Process via APQP-PSW to proactively ensure raw materials/components/products at supplier(s) and N-Tiers are released to Philips according agreed Quality norms, Product/Process specification and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Supplier Oversight Performance monitoring true data collection, analysis and continuous Improvement. Focusing also on adequate supplier Organization (independency and competence) to drive sustainable improvements.
- Initiating, driving and follow up Supplier Corrective Action Requests (including Preventive) for communicating and addressing, effectively and within agreed timing, non-compliances by suppliers.
- Managing and proactively driving Quality Assurance end to end(E2E) at assigned supplier(s) from Development to lifecycle phase. Accountable and responsible for all process, material and design related to supplier manufacturing of Finish Goods, parts and its Suppliers.
- Providing Quality related E2E input to Quality agreements, project books (e.g. Q-targets), sourcing grid etc.
- Attending and providing pre-defined input to Supplier related meetings i.e Supplier Quality review Meetings.
- Independently producing and completing Supplier Quality Engineering team related activities and documentation.
- Developing and maintaining a Supplier Performance Scorecards, analyze and identify emerging supplier non-conformance trends using appropriate statistical tools.
- Providing Innovation & Development (I&D), Engineering and Procurement project support across multiple commodities (e.g. plastics, electronics, metals and chemicals).
You are a part of
A global Supplier Quality team spread between EMEA and APAC, responsible for multiple suppliers in Domestic Appliances.
Drachten located team consists of 2 supplier quality engineers and a supplier quality engineering group lead.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years relevant working experience in Quality Engineering of which at least 3 years’ experience in Supplier Quality
- Experience in a large international Automotive (strong preference), Aerospace, Defense or Medical Devices company with ISO 9001 is required.
- Good written and oral English skills.
- Interested in gaining management experience
- Experience in both NPI (with APQP and PPAP) as sustaining Supplier Quality is required
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as 8-D / FMEA/ 5WHY / DMAIC / SPC is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, internal and external to the company.
- The ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or complex projects and priorities under deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time within Europe (flexible to leave for an international business trip within a few days)
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs