Electronic Project Lead
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to lead the electronics project team in creating innovative floorcare solutions
You are responsible for
- Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems
- Provide professional communications skills with team members, including engineers (electric, mechanical, fluid-dynamic, electromechanical), PRC, LCM and QA
- Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OTS/OEM suppliers, and procurement support;
- Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site survey’s.
- Define hardware and software requisites derived from business requirements, and electronic project plans. Apply standard and internal design rules and normative according to internal project flow requirements
- Lead the electronic staff allocated to your projects in electronic circuits design and testing under DFC, DFM and DFT concepts, and reporting to the IPL (Integral Project Manager);
- Lead project prototypes testing. Support test engineers in defining test and validation plans. Verify test reports
You are a part of
Domestic appliances group; one of Philips’ most successful teams, with a growth that manages to over-deliver time after time. Our dynamic development team is at the frontline of innovations in Homecare, together with your team of approx. 17 experts you will be working on product development projects.
You report directly to Integral Project Leaders (IPLs) in project teams, and to the Electronic & Software Group Leader (ESE-GL) in a matrix organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics or similar;
- 4 years direct embedded design experience in consumer or automotive with large production volumes;
- Excellent (English) communications skills, ability to speak professionally directly with team members, including mechanical engineers and system architects;
- Knowledge of analog circuits, power circuits, and discrete components;
- Knowledge of embedded software architecture, communication protocols, and validation/versioning tools;
- Knowledge of PCB/PCBAs manufacturing process, design documents and production/testing procedures;
- You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad;
nice to have
- Basic knowledge of embedded programming (C)
- Knowledge of SVN, Trac
- Experience with electric motors driving – UM, DC, BLDC
- Experience with Li-Ion batteries management
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at the Campus in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.