Function Developer Cutting Elements
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
develop cutting elements for male grooming appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
You are responsible for
As a Function Developer Cutting Elements, you develop and test innovative technical solutions to fulfill consumer or product function requirements. You work in a team in close cooperation with both the product development team and the product researchers. You always safeguard our trusted values regarding functionality, design and simplicity.
- Translating commercial, functional and design specifications into technical concepts;
- Developing and engineering appropriate cutting element modules;
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of cutting elements;
- Planning, realizing and steering the function development of cutting elements;
- Finding and generating knowledge (extern and internal) in a recognized domain relevant for the cutting element development, that is not readily available externally;
- Maintaining and increase level of knowledge in defined domain and making available in the departments in a way that is accessible for others;
- Influencing strategic decisions on design based on his expert knowledge;
- Searching actively to new ways to improve and explore knowledge into his own knowledge domain;
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions;
- Delivering the architecture options together with the system Architect
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments. Is able to influence people and help build a team.
You are a part of
The male grooming business that sells around 65 million products per year. In a team that bridges the gap between the Innovation & development team and manufacturing. Your team consists of enthusiastic specialists. Collaborating in a continuous improvement mindset, challenging each other and this way enable our growth. You’ll be in touch with a broad variety of (international) stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Master or PHD in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering or Physics;
- You have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields;
- You have experience in the field of (consumer) function development; from education and/or from previous assignments
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques;
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge build-up by determining theoretical or empirical models;
- Skills in MATLAB and Python are a plus
In return, we offer you
A career with a multitude of directions, your career with us can take you in a multitude of directions. To virtually any part of the world.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at the Campus in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs