Global Manufacturing (MF) OPEX Specialist
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Prioritize and drive performance improvements that will have substantial impact on the business results and on delivering operational excellence to customers, by challenging the status quo, coaching, and embedding a mindset of continuous improvement to achieve performance excellence
You are responsible for
- Leading the deployment and embedding of critical capabilities and standardized ways of working (tools, methods)
- Assessing the organization in determining Operational Excellence Maturity
- Sustaining and challenging the Hoshin- planning and execution on region- and site-level
- Structurally supporting Plant MTs to improve key business metrics by regular OPEX assessments to identify operational improvement opportunities (outside- in view)
- Supporting the business in resolving issues, using the known lean and 6S tools, the CI methodology, Kaizen events and Problem Solving as a way to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory within their assigned region
- Coaching Operational Excellence Specialists by sharing, implementing and sustaining best practices across deployment sites and across sector
- Overseeing the potentials of complete value chain, setting priorities connected to business specific strategic goals
- Coaching and developing OPEX talent for future operational ISC leadership roles
- Creating buy-in from senior stakeholders
- Cross-functional and cross-cultural influencing
You are a part of
The global manufacturing team, a multifunctional and international, collaborative team, responsible for delivering and driving operational excellence across all sites.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors Math, Science, Engineering or related discipline, Masters Preferred
- 7+ years Operations Continuous Improvement related experiences
- Proven success in coaching and training in deployment of Lean Tools – Hoshin, Daily Management, Problem Solving, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, generally within assigned region
- Mastery of application of Lean, Continuous Improvement (preferably with certifications)
- Deep understanding of manufacturing and supply chain processes design and improvement (manual and automated processes, material flow, quality control)
- Change Management, empathy & Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully delivering performance optimization related to cost, deliver, and quality
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent influencing skills
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.