Graduate Development Program – Engineering & Software
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips is a global health tech leader, making life better for billions of people globally through meaningful innovation and solutions. From complex medical devices and connected care systems to personal health and wellness, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare for all. For recent graduates, we offer a unique two-year program to explore life at Philips while experiencing different areas of our organization. You will fulfill three challenging assignments. After the first, you will be in control of choosing what comes next. Stick to one specialization or branch out in new directions? It is your future and your decision. We will support you with a personalized learning journey that combines hands-on experience with mentoring from leaders, coaching from peers, and guidance from our Career Center to find your own personal landing spot within Philips — one that best suits you, your career and life goals. Our culture of collaboration brings together diverse teams to support each other, expand our perspectives, and be our best. You will be connected to a community of graduates around the world to share your experience, learn from each other, collaborate and spark ideas.
You are responsible for
We have several assignments (location Drachten or Eindhoven) available, each assignment has a specific focus.
Department Male Grooming Research & Development
- Development Engineer: you will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop new products fitting consumer needs. This involves deep technical knowledge and understanding of the problems, creativity and strong consumer centric thinking. By working in multifunctional teams, you will gain experience in the end-to-end value chain having contacts both upstream with marketing disciplines and downstream with our supply organization.
- Product Researcher / User Experience: your challenge is to ensure consumer satisfaction with our products in the market. Therefore, you need to understand what consumers want in our products, the so-called consumer insights, translate these into clear user requirements, and validate the consumer needs during the project development.
- System Engineer. In your role you are the linking pin between consumer needs, product architecture and the development engineers. Based on T-shaped thinking you can develop the requirements of the product and ty them together in system models (MBSE, model based system engineering methodologies). You enable early validation of these requirements and ensure that engineering changes safeguard overall product performance.
Department Innovation Site – Mother & Child Care
- Product and advanced development in BabyTech /Internet of Things domain for our Mother & Childcare product portfolio. Responsible for software development, verification and release.
- Data science project to optimize and further improve the performance of a Machine Learning model.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Recently or almost graduated with a Bachelor/Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Innovation Management, Human Factors Engineering, Bio-medical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Industrial Engineering or Technical Business Administration or equivalent.
- Max 1 years of work experience straight after your graduation
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization
- International experience or an international mindset
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious
- Speak and write fluent English
- Able to bring structure
- Commercial mindset
- Cultural awareness
- Ability to think across functional domains
In return, we offer you
- Launch a career in health technology
- Join a company making a difference to people’s lives
- Actively contribute to innovations that matter
- Work on a diverse international team
- Gain hands-on experience in multiple areas
- Develop your capabilities and knowledge
- Build a solid professional network
When you are interested to join the Philips Graduate Development Program, please apply online latest 4th of April 2021, applications that come in after this deadline can not be taken into account.
- Upload your CV and/or motivation
- In week 14 you will be informed whether you passed the pre-selection round and if yes you will be invited to perform an online test.
- In week 15 you will be informed whether you are selected for the next round, the virtual video interview which will take place between in week 16.
- In week 19 you will be informed whether you belong to the best performers, you will be invited for the final virtual assessment center, which will take place on the 1st of June. During this event, you will work on several challenging exercises together with similar minded graduates. Of course we will also provide you with more information on the Graduate Development Program and the assignments. This is the final step in the selection process. In the same week, we will inform you with the outcome.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video. To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.