(Graduation) Assignment ZiuZ Medical – Bedside medication check
Vacature van ZiuZ Visual Intelligence
ICT Mechatronics Computer science
In hospitals, medication is packed in foil pouches by dispensing systems. The majority of those pouches are inspected in the pharmacy by a Ziuz device before they are distributed to the wards for administration to patients.
However, a small number pouches get distributed without a check in the pharmacy because of the required process speed. Also because of quick inpatient prescriptions outside the daily bulk production in hospitals. Ideally ZiuZ would like to provide tooling to the nurses to help them inspect those ‘by-passed’ pouches at moment of administration. ZiuZ already has a minicamera that that could fit this job, but it is unclear if this unit is good enough for automatic recognition (algorithms) and how the process should look like.
Develop a (concept) desktop system for individual inspection of pouches.
EXPECTED END PRODUCT
- a conceptual description of the process and problem areas
- a working prototype for at least one of the critical process steps (choice can be made taking the students background/study into account).
TASK DESCRIPTION/INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
What is expected of you?
- Conceptual thinker but bias for action;
- Affinity with Mechatronics;
- Affinity with cameras and vision technology;
- Experience with independent programming;
- Ability to work independently but also in a team.