(Graduation) Internship ZiuZ Forensic – EXIF data on an offline map
Vacature van ZiuZ Visual Intelligence
Police services do a lot of research into child abuse. They confiscate a lot of digital material from suspects, sometimes in the millions of images and/or videos. For investigation purposes it is sometimes needed to know where, geographically, those images or videos were shot. We have a few solutions for our customers for that, like for example a Google Maps interface, but a lot of our customers are not allowed to connect our VizX solution to the internet. The material they are handling is very illegal and very privacy sensitive and they (rightly so) do not want to take any risks. We need a maps solution that will work offline, and we are looking for new and exciting ways to display EXIF data on such a map. An example of what we are looking for is the displaying of the EXIF geo data with a date slider that shows when which media was shot where. Part of the research is which other EXIF data fields can be useful to display on a map.
Research, Design and Implement a solution that displays EXIF data in new and exiting ways on a maps solution that works without an internet connection.
EXPECTED END RESULT
- A research paper with findings and recommendations regarding offline use of map material.
- A research paper with findings and recommendations regarding which EXIF data to use on a map’s solution (which data and how to use).
- A prototype with an offline map that displays at least one of the recommended EXIF data fields in a meaningful way.
- Technical documentation in such a way that our team can continue with your work.
TASK DESCRIPTION / INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
What is expected of you?
- Ability to work independently but also in teams that develops using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Developing in Microsoft Visual Studio with C#.NET
- Making use of SQL Server, Elastic Search and/or a new technology
ZiuZ has a standard internship / graduation allowance of € 275 per month and a maximum of € 100 travel allowance if applicable.