Group leader R&D Forming Technology
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to build the capabilities to manufacture the core element in male grooming products: the cutting element. With your team, you build the competencies on cold forming technologies to create the best cutting elements in the world.
To build knowledge you make use of a broad international network of Universities, knowledge institutes and other leading companies in the field of cold forming and mass production. You maintain and build the knowledge and capabilities of the group by developing complex models (digital twins) which capture the whole process of metal strip towards the cutting element.
You are responsible for
- Steering a team of technologists and developers and ensure that the developed processes are of excellent quality and deliver the functional needs for our consumers.
- Competence management and continuous improvement of the group in order to expand the innovation effectiveness and to reduce the time to market.
- Making sure that project and development standards, processes and methods are applied and improved.
- Driving the creative output of your team in order to expand the innovation portfolio.
- Resource management of the group.
- Maintain and build the digital twin platform within the development department.
You are a part of
The Forming Technologies Group is part of the Development department. You will be a member of the Management team and contribute to the achievement of strategic targets for the department and to the innovation team Grooming and Beauty as a whole. This position is technically and managerially challenging, and at the core of one of the most successful product ranges of Philips.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MSc or PhD in an engineering discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in development of which 5 years as a people manager (either as group leader or project manager)
- Solid background in the fundamentals of metal processing in mass manufacturing, preferably based on solid fundamental research
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Curiosity towards new ways of doing things, ability to explore and play with new technology and WoW’s
- Helicopter view, your natural scope of thinking is the total end-to-end value chain, from product development towards manufacturing and delivery to our consumers
- Knowledge of FEM tools
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at our site in Drachten
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.