Groupleader Development Quality Shaving
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
be accountable to ensure product quality and risk management throughout the product life cycle for the Shaving portfolio. You provide clear independent oversight on the development process, release activities as well as performance of our products in the field.
You support the Business on analyzing the efficacy and efficiency of the design and product realization process as well as providing market/consumer feedback and need for improvement.
You lead a team of 6 Quality Project Leads (managing the team takes about 30% of your time) and ensure support, evaluation, training as well as sufficient overall capacity to manage all activities in your domain. After COVID you are expected to be a minimum of 2 to 3 days a week in the Drachten office.
You are responsible for
- Manage and review the approval of input for gates and final approval before launch, as well as support in MLD phase (complaint handling, post market surveillance activities)
- Interact with all relevant areas in the development process, consumer care, marketing and provide direction where needed. Create awareness for QnR related aspects and requirements throughout the product life cycle.
- Ensure processes and tools are properly used to ensure product quality and consumer satisfaction
- Ensure that all products that are released comply with all relevant safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Establish operational objectives, work plans and delegate assignments to your team
- Resource management, performance review of team members. Ensure to give / receive continuous feedback, identify competences gaps and issues and develop improvement plans.
- Monitor local product Quality performance indicators, create monthly reports and drive for improvement actions where needed
You are a part of
an enthusiastic team of professionals driving continuous improvement of Quality within the Male Grooming Business. While ensuring good execution of the running projects and market feedback analysis, we strive for transformational changes to further raise the norm.
You will report to the Business Quality Lead of Male Grooming.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- a Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electronics, or similar
- At least 7 years working experience in multidisciplinary projects, being responsible for quality in a development environment or you have experience as a developer in projects and you would like to broaden your experience in the Quality competence
- Management experience is required
- Experience in a Development (required) of Consumer Goods (preferred)
- Experience in Quality is preferred
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- A quality mindset and experience with Q tools like statistical engineering, Design for Six Sigma and/or Reliability Engineering;
- A proactive and supportive attitude towards the product development team, being a role model for the Quality function in the project team;
- Understanding of how product development projects are managed and how Quality plays a role in this;
- Potential to grow to senior positions within Quality and/or Development
- Fluent spoken and written English
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.