Integral Project lead consumer electronics
Vacature van Philips
Project Lead Electronics
In this role, you have the opportunity to steer Philips’ fast moving domestic appliance projects from ideation to product launch.
You are responsible for
- managing one or more projects within a product category with a project budget between 0.5 and 10 million Euro. The amount of employees involved varies between 10 – 50, depending of the scope and the phase of the project;
- Based on customer needs you determine together with our marketing and internal technical competence departments which innovations, technologies and standard modules will be used in the consumer product;
- Based on this decision you start up and execute the product development phase together with internal function developers, industrial designers, mechanical and electronic product developers, quality engineers, consumer researchers and purchasers;
- After finalizing the product development phase you are responsible for developing and releasing the production processes and equipment in the Drachten Supply Chain or at key suppliers abroad by means of OEM/ODM model;
- Together with your team, you set up a review structure that provides optimal insight into the current status of the project and you initiate corrective actions if required;
- You communicate project status, results and activities with team members and internal and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment of expectations at all times;
- The progress of the project is reviewed by the Management Innovation Team and Marketing Management. Your scope is international so some travelling is part of this job.
You are a part of
Domestic appliances group; one of Philips’ most successful teams, with a growth that manages to over-deliver time after time. Our dynamic development team is at the frontline of innovations in Homecare.
Technical Project Managers are responsible for managing cross-functional product development projects together with marketing, other technical competence departments and (international) industrial partners. You report directly to Sjoerd Haites
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical subject;
- You have more than 5 years experience in managing international multidisciplinary projects in product development to supply chain for consumer products ;
- Engineering experience in product development is required, whereas experience in production is an advantage;
- Next to your technical background you are able to look from a business perspective. You have a basic understanding of the other disciplines, e.g. marketing, purchasing, design.
- strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence on different levels;
- coaching skills, able to build commitment and motivate your team and others;
- organizational sensitivity and ability to communicate on all levels within the matrix organization structure;
- an independent, mature and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance;
- a combination of an analytical and a pragmatic approach: you make it happen.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at the Campus in Drachten.