Intern/graduate assignment: Loading unloading equipment & Gripping design shaver parts
Vacature van Philips
Problem description of assignment
Currently the factory is managing high diversity of shaver part which needs to be handled. These parts all have different shapes and colors.
On high level there are two principles of handling
Ad 1. Several handling methods have been developed and implemented. No standardization or architecture behind this automation.
Ad 2. Complex shaver parts which are difficult to automate are handled by manual labor
No standardization on handling and handling by labor is leading to increased costs
Goal of this assignment
- To realize a breakthrough in the cost driver of handling we need:
- Analysis of shapes and colors of all parts.
- Analysis of all product carriers in the factory
- Analysis of Product roadmap/design regarding shapes and colors
- Market analysis on latest technologies for handling/gripping
- Define options for solutions
- Define criteria for option selection
- Realize proof of concepts
We are looking for
- To succeed in this role, you study towards your Bachelor or master’s in mechanical engineering and have the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Team player, passionate for results and people.
- Hands on mentality, team player and result driven.
You will be part of
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented intern. At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company. At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world. You also get the opportunity to:
Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge
Be guided by a team of experienced professionals
You will receive an internship allowance
Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact:
Manager Soft Services & Arbeidscommunicatie firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions regarding Technical information please contact