Internship Industrial Product Design – Additive Manufacturing (Thesis possible)
Vacature van Philips
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented graduate/ intern.
At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company.
At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world.
You also get the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge.
- Be guided by a team of experienced professionals.
- You will receive an internship allowance.
- Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network.
Depending on the subject, it can be discussed to support you with a Thesis. In case we will continue with a thesis, we require a 32 hours availability to work on the project and 8 hours to work on your thesis.
JOB DESCRIPTION / JOB WISHES
We are looking for a student that study towards an HBO bachelor or master’s in Industrial Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or Technical Administration.
Your assignment is to do research and delve into prototyping with silicones via different directions. Where you have the responsibility to:
- Developments in the field of direct silicon printing (real silicones as well as resin imitation silicones).
- So-called eggshell materials into which can be poured and then destructively removed.
- New materials/methods with wax printing.
To succeed in this role you should be:
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- You have excellent statistical/analytical skills.
- Hands on mentality, team player and result driven.