Internship: Implement DMC requirements
Vacature van Philips
Are you the enthusiastic, talented graduate we’re looking for?
You will be participating in the SME team at Philips Drachten, where you get the opportunity to work on the following graduate assignment..
Problem description of assignment
Within production the system of traceability of (Product) parts needs to be improved for the full value chain.
Already DMC (Data Matrix Code) is implemented
This is done via a laser engraving. Laser engraving is done on different type of materials with different process settings
The DMC code can be read throughout the value chain via camera’s.
Current situation is that quality level of DMC is unknown, no standardization for DMC coding, which has effect on readability throughout the value chain and is resulting in unneeded scrap.
Goal of this assignment
For readability of the DMC code throughout the value chain, there is a need for requirement, of DMC code.
Content of assignment:
- Investigate what lasers and camera’s are used for DMC’s. This includes all the settings and the influence on the performance.
- Measure current quality of DMC code
- Define the needed quality at several positions throughout the Value chain
- Create a quality standard for the DMC and implement this in the organization.
- Deploy quality standard
We are looking for
We prefer students able to start asap for a minimum of 4 months
To succeed in this role, you study towards your Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics and have the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Team player, passionate for results and people.
- Hands on mentality, team player and result driven.
You will be part of
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented intern. At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company. At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world. You also get the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge
- Be guided by a team of experienced professionals
- You will receive an internship allowance
- Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact:
Manager Soft Services & Arbeidscommunicatie
For questions regarding technical information please contact: