Internship: Improvement of hardening process
Vacature van Philips
Are you the enthusiastic, talented graduate we’re looking for?
You will be participating in the SME Coldforming team at Philips Drachten, where you get the opportunity to work on the following (graduate) assignment.
Problem description of assignment
Philips Drachten is manufacturing shaving systems for the Philips shaver. The cap is a part of the shaving system.
The caps are Cold formed. The second step is hardening the cap.
Hardening the caps is done via a furnace
We observe a deviation in the furnace creating a spread in our products, when leaving the furnace.
Currently the hardening process in combination with the furnace equipment is causing spread of dimensions in our products
Goal of this assignment
Do a root cause investigation to find out the cause of deviations.
- Analyses all furnace settings
- Measure process spread based on furnace settings
- Insight in all environment influences
- Option creations of possible solution
- Defines selection criteria
- Come with proposals to solve the problem
- Execute proof of concept of chosen solution
We are looking for
We prefer students able to start asap for a minimum of 4 months
To succeed in this role, you study towards your Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or material engineering and have the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Team player, passionate for results and people.
- Hands on mentality, team player and result driven.
You will be part of
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented intern. At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company. At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world. You also get the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge
- Be guided by a team of experienced professionals
- You will receive an internship allowance
- Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact:
Manager Soft Services & Arbeidscommunicatie
For questions, contact: