Internship: New product and business development (Suitable for thesis)
Vacature van Philips
We are able to support you with your thesis if in line with our projects. In combination with your thesis, we require a 32 hours per week working on our projects, and grand you 8 hours per week to work at your research topic. If no thesis combination is required, 40 hours per week working on our projects is required.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Explore relevant innovation directions for our coffee businesses. Generate and screen ideas, develop concepts, create prototypes, generate proof of function. You will be involved in the whole chain of a product development– from product idealization to activation on the market, and actively drive your creative ideas to our team.
You are responsible for
- Idea generation
- Technology scouting and selection
- Screen these ideas based on technology fit and consumer relevancy
- Determine market potential and go to market strategy underpinned with business case
- Product prototyping and testing
- Competitor analysis
You are a part of
The Philips Coffee innovation team, within the Business Group Coffee. You will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in the Netherlands (e.g., engineering team, consumer marketing team and design experts).
You will be working at our Innovation site in Drachten.
Due to the current COVID19 situation, we are able to support you working from home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO in: Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Food Science or Biomechanical engineering.
- Ability to think creatively and pragmatically.
- Ability to collaborate with marketing and engineering teams, and create network within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and the passion to drive business growth. Ability to think creatively and pragmatically.
- Fluent in oral and written English
In return, we offer you
Working experience in a global multinational, in the domain of Coffee appliances. Hands-on product development experience, combined with marketing communication experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.