Internship: Warehouse Modeling
Vacature van Philips
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern/graduate we’re looking for?
You will be participating in the Supply Chain Management at Philips Drachten, where you get the opportunity to work on analysis of our transport and warehousing activities.
Problem description of assignment
Philips Drachten is becoming a multi business supplier. Growing rapidly with manufacturing new products for new businesses. With this also the complexity of warehouse function and material movements is increasing.
To make the right decision in material movements and storage, We need more insight in the transport and warehousing function of our factory
Goal of this assignment
For right decision making we need a current state analysis and a simulation model.
- Gain insight in number of material movements per Value Stream
- Insight in number of Handling units (AGV, Trolley, etc.)
- Based on this information creating a simulation model
- With this model creating improvement scenarios
We are looking for
We prefer students able to start per jan/2022 for a minimum of 4 months. (Discussion possible)
We are looking for students (Bachelor or Master) Technology and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or similar and have the following skills and experience:
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of production processes
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Team player, passionate for results and people
- Hands on mentality, team player and result driven
You will be part of
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented intern. At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company. At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world. You also get the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge
- Be guided by a team of experienced professionals
- You will receive an internship allowance
- Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact:
Manager Soft Services & Arbeidscommunicatie
for questions regarding Technical information
Supply Chain Management