Internships Robot Grippers Investigation
Vacature van Philips
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
You will get the opportunity to participate in one of the Staff departments of Philips Personal Health Drachten, depending on your education and interests.
You will get opportunities to gain practical experience in a dynamic environment, caused by frequent introduction of new Philips products into the market. Besides, there is a continuous drive for improvements in the LEAN production processes and way of working.
The working activities can take place around the production processes for shaving heads and shaving handle production as well as for the supporting departments, like:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Technical Support
In Drachten, you’ll find one of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented intern. At Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
For more information about Philips Personal Health in Drachten, click here.
An internship at Philips Consumer Lifestyle Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities local or international in different sectors of our company.
· It can be discussed to make an internships assignment suitable for graduation/thesis
· It can be discussed in case you are studying at an HBO education to make this assignment suitable as Shared internship (working with 2 students on the same assignment)
· Duration: 5-6 months
· We prefer students able to start per Q1 or Q3 (mention your availability in your letter)
1. Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
2. A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
3. A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
4. The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
5. Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
We are looking for
A master’s student in the following directions:
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
With the following competences:
- Affinity with production environment
- Fluent Dutch or English (in word and writing)
- Who is eager to lean, pragmatic, team player, flexible and stress resistant.
- Affinity with programming (pre)
At Philips Drachten, a lot of (sub) assemblies are made for shavers. The decorative parts are from plain plastic or spray painted with a colored paint. In our lacquering line we automatically spray paint layers on the decorative components of shavers, in 15 geometry variants. When we want to automate the product handling (racking and deracking products on a rotational spindle), we need approx. 15 different robot grippers, for each robot a set. Can we limit this number by a smart combination and design, in order to have less change overs and less costs, without damaging the parts. A set-up can be made in the ICD (Innovation Cluster Drachten) robotics lab with help of a UR5 robot. Samples can be made with help of the internal modelshop and made from metal and/or 3D printing techniques.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
you can apply until June 7th 2021
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Resume (CV)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact:
ir. Eric M. Sloot
Senior Architect Production Systems
Global Manufacturing Engineering, Philips Drachten
Visit: BK 104, Oliemolenstraat 5, 9203 ZN Drachten, The Netherlands