IT Data Scientist 60
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Become a team member of the Manufacturing IT department who is challenging, developing, and implementing Data Driven Factory solutions related to Industry 4.0. As a Data Scientist, you will work closely together with multiple teams Global and within the factory of Drachten. You will provide data science solutions using advanced techniques, tools and methods to complex factory problems as well as create and maintain standards around data science for the company.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring strategic direction for data science capabilities for Philips is created and kept up to date on a regular basis
- Continuously evaluating the latest techniques in Artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, statistical analysis
- Implementing advanced algorithms for business problems based on statistical analysis, coding, deep learning, advanced data mining techniques etc.
- Co-creating with business / market / functions or IT platforms on requirements
- Interpreting and analyzing data problems and coming up with viable solutions, hypothesis and proof of concepts
- Leading and driving data mining, creating algorithms, collection of data, collection of procedures during the design, build phases of a project
- Leading and driving deployment and testing of the solutions and insights
- Working with big data and databases. Ensuring quality of data and solution developed
- Creating appropriate hypothesis and solution directions that can tested using data science techniques
- Managing and leading multiple data science projects
- Managing (via influence) small teams of junior data scientists across internal and vendor resources to complete the projects; manage senior stakeholders in the company in a matrix organization (product owners and their managers)
You are a part of MIT (Manufacturing IT) within the Engineering organization. The Engineering department provides a high-volume industrialization at Philips Drachten, and is situated between the supply and innovation department. The MIT provides and secure the IT/OT within the factory.
Philips Drachten develops and produces electrical Shaving devices, Mother and Childcare products and parts of Oral Healthcare products. The industrialization requires highly advanced production processes, IT solutions and are characterized as dynamic and innovative.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Econometrics, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- Certifications or courses in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, R-Python scripting etc. from a reputed institute is a plus (e.g. Coursera institute, regular universities, ARTiBA etc.)
- Experienced within Production
- Demonstrable advanced programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java/C/C++/R
- Strong analytical and social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence into valuable insights for the senior stakeholders in the company
- Experience in data analytics and in statistical (regression, clustering and classification), descriptive and diagnosis methods; knowledge of forecasting methods
- Team player who is also able to act independently
- Analytical/problem solving (Able to identify and solve multiple complex business problems and result driven as well as able to work under time pressure)
- Open communication to all organizational levels and open minded
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.