Lead engineer Domestic Appliances
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work on product development of Floor Care appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team. Be responsible for the mechanical product design of new product ranges for Floor Care products and be the technical counterpart for the Integral Project Lead, Commercial Managers and Designers to realize the most attractive appliances compared to competition.
You are responsible for
- Delivering of break through innovations, new products with high grade of innovation;
- Leading, mentoring and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within the projects;
- Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production;
- Planning, realizing and steering the mechanical product development and lead the multi-functional aspects as a technical project leader;
- Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approaches to a higher level.
- Communicating and aligning with multiple stakeholders like the engineering team, the project team and other internal and external partners.
This role involves around 20% of international travelling to Eastern Europe and Asia.
You are a part of
The new Domestic Appliances team led by David Schippers. This team is responsible for mechanical product design and life cycle support and the transformation and innovating in Floor Care for business Domestic Appliances. As we value diversity, we have a multi-functional and diverse team, with different points of view, different ways of thinking, new capabilities to strengthen and improve the digital strategy for our customers. Have a look at https://www.philips.com.sg/c-m-ho/vacuum-cleaners to learn more about our products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- a Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- minimum of 10 years proven experience in the field of mechanical (consumer) product development;
- minimum 5 years of experience in leading technical project teams;
- you have a vast knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal and the manufacturability aspects (mold/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
- familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD.
- experience in leading (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
- excellent communication skills with cultural sensitivity
- results-oriented and quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- having the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- self-confident in fact-based decision making and you can think autonomously;
- a strong teammate and you have good coordination, communication and mentorship skills
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment – those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.