Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
become the owner of all knowledge necessary to develop and produce metal components for Shaving and Grooming, and if needed, help your colleagues at other Personal Health business groups with your expertise.
You are responsible for
- Being the consultant for Project Teams in the choice of materials for metal components
- Performing Root Cause Analysis in case of material failures in products in development or coming back from customers
- Organizing all competences (internal and external) necessary to maintain and develop the metal components technology
- Assessing new product proposals on technical and economic feasibility
- Defining, setting up and executing experiments to determine the relations between process and product parameters
- Defining, setting up and executing experiments to map causes of deviation and failure;
- Writing functional specifications of all equipment and tooling necessary for controlled and robust production
- Technical guidance of the outsourcing process of the above-mentioned equipment
- Supporting on the implementation of process, equipment and systems in production
- Assisting with process developments to enhance the properties of materials such as heat treatments
- Coaching and training of junior process engineers and production & development staff
You are a part of
The Development Department is part of the innovation chain of Philips Personal Health in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 150 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of Male Grooming products and solutions. You will work in the group Machining, Measuring and Materials, where we specialize in the development of the Machining processes, measurement processes, material characterization and consultancy on material use for the metal parts of Personal Health products such as Shavers, Trimmers and Toothbrushes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Academic degree in Material Science, preferably specialized in Stainless Steels
- Understanding of precision metal working and geometrical measurements
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS / Shainin)
- Preferably you already gained experience in a B2C mass-production environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Ability to communicate on different levels, e.g. Management, technical specialists and external suppliers.
In return, we offer you
A high-tech environment where you will be working with experienced engineers on key innovations for Philips enabling you to become an expert in your field.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at the Campus in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.