Mechanical Engineer – graduate position
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As an engineer you are responsible for the mechanical design of new ranges for Male Grooming products. You will implement new concepts into products that will deliver value for men when removing hair from head, face and body. Together with an on-site team and/or our offshore development partners, you design and validate the mechanical construction of a module or an appliance and detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final technical product Documentation. You are part of a multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechatronic engineers.
You are responsible for
As a Mechanical Engineer you are able to:
- create high quality mechanical designs in both metal or plastics, according specification and which are mass producible,
- release products, components, modules and products for mass production,
- proof that your construction fulfills the requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, prototyping and testing),
- detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in Product Lifecycle Management system (Windchill),
- plan and prioritize your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts – able to work via agile approach,
- identify gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechanical engineering group to a higher level,
- capture and re-use of existing knowledge and share learnings ,
- document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document).
You are a part of
You will be part of the Male Grooming Mechanical Engineering team that consists of 30 enthusiastic technical specialists. The projects are demanding for great results; Male Grooming is an inclusive, divers and open work environment and celebrating success regularly. You will report into the Mechanical Engineering Group Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- recently graduated with a Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and skilled in 3D CAD.
- knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and you are familiar with the manufacture ability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms.
- quality driven and you have the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- determination in decision making and independence;
- you are an excellent hands-on engineer and a proactive team player. You show leadership to meet your personal and business goals and are a strong communicator.
- fluent in English