Mechanical Engineer – Product Development
Vacature van Philips
n this role, you have the opportunity to
work on product development of Male Grooming appliances, i.e. Shavers, Groomers, One Blade and Accessories, from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
You are responsible for
- Creating high quality mechanical designs in both metal or plastics, according specification and which are mass producible
- Influencing a multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within projects, e.g. steer a mechanical product development and manage cross functional aspects
- Managing product requirements, lead DFMEA’s and follow the v-model methodology
- Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production
- Lead ideations sessions, drive concept creation and decision making
- Prooving that your construction fulfils the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, prototyping and testing)
- Creating detailed 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in C PLM system (Windchill)
- Planning and prioritizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts – able to work via agile approach
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechanical engineering group to a higher level
- The documentation of your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document)
You are a part of
The Male Grooming Mechanical Engineering team that consists of 30 enthusiastic technical specialists. The projects are demanding for great results; Male Grooming is an inclusive, divers and open work environment and celebrating success regularly. You will report into the Mechanical Engineering Group Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development
- Experience with working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and skilled in 3D CAD
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms
- Quality driven – experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization
- determination in decision making and independence
- ambitious, has leadership skills and is a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Drachten
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.