MES Software Developer
Vacature van Philips
n this role, you have the opportunity to
Become a team member of the Manufacturing IT department who is challenging, developing and implementing Data Driven Factory solutions related to Industry 4.0. As a MES Software Developer you will work closely together with multiple teams within the factory Drachten. You will work with local teams to implement the MES system from not only technical perspective but also from a functional perspective. You will participate scoping sessions to translate the production requirements into MES system.
You are responsible for
- Participating in a team within Manufacturing IT to deploy MES functionality aligned with the requirements from production, which will have a great impact on the total business.
- Being the expert for MES system supporting several production teams in implementing the Hydra MES system. You will be heavily involved in the connection with other systems, like SAP, Azure Cloud etc. to build a digital platform for the future factory.
- Being in close contact with all the sites, which will mean that there will be a need for travelling on a regular base to train and to support the sites in the implementation phase.
- Technical expertise in defining, configuring, developing functionality within MES system by making use of modern SW development skills.
You are a part of
The Manufacturing IT department, reporting to plant director Philips Drachten. This department is developing and implementing Industrial 4.0 solutions and has an impressive track record in this domain. We are in a transformation to gain leading position on this matter for the Global Philips organization and therefore cooperating closely with Philips Global. The global team is closely linked to local Engineering teams and enables:
- On a pragmatic way implanting new Data Driven Solutions for production environment
- Transforming legacy solutions into modern nowadays platforms based on proven but cutting edge technologies
- Increase position in being the lighthouse on Data Driven Factories / Industrial 4.0 domain for the Philips Global organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Preferable a person educated as Technology Management (TM) or Technische Bedrijfskunde (TBK) master or bachelor degree with SW development skills.
- Eager to learn and develop yourself within the domain of MES in combination of modern back-end SW Development standards and skills.
- You have a broad experience in multiple IT applications(master data, MSSQL and interfaces with SAP, PLM, SCADA, OT)
- Has hands-on experience in back-end SW development and significant track record in developing applications.
- You are ambitious, a team player and have outstanding presentation and communication skills and therefore able to move and inspire others on different levels;
- You have excellent analytical skills;
- You have the ability to balance theory, innovation and practical realization;
- You are eager to explore new opportunities in the area of I4.0.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, has an “improvement mind-set”
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.