Internship Electronics, Software – Automated test system (Thesis possible)
Vacature van Philips
In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for you as young talented graduate/ intern.
At Philips Drachten some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
Philips Drachten could be the start of your promising career, with lots of opportunities develop yourself locally or internationally in different sectors of our company.
At Philips you work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world.
You also get the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge.
- Be guided by a team of experienced professionals.
- You will receive an internship allowance.
- Within Philips you get the opportunity to expand your professional network.
Depending on the subject, it can be discussed to support you with a Thesis. In case we will continue with a thesis, we require a 32 hours availability to work on the project and 8 hours to work on your thesis.
JOB DESCRIPTION / JOB WISHES
We are looking for an intern or graduate that study towards a Bachelor or Master in Electronics and/or Software, who is up for the challenge to replace our current system with a system that is easier to maintain, expandable and to make it future proof.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Creating a new Automated Measurement System (AMS) for the ESE Test Group, containing
- A graphical user interface
- Storage of measured data
- Interfacing with other devices (voltage, current and temperature measurement devices, temperature chamber etc.)
- Creating and executing measurement sequences that take actions based on measured values, simulating for instance charge/discharge cycles.
- Documenting the new AMS
- Training the test engineers in using the new AMS
- Making the new AMS maintainable and transferring it to the ESE Test Group.
To succeed in this role, have the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in Dutch or English (written and verbal)
- At least basic knowledge of Python
- You have a hands-on mentality and are result driven.