Principal Systems Architect
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a critical role in overseeing and ensuring that the right architectural choices are being made for Product Platforms across the Philips Grooming & Beauty businesses, with an emphasis on overall portfolio optimization, funnel health, trade-off between short-term point solutions, long-term architectural improvements, modules, and platforms.
You are responsible for:
- Driving harmonization and modular design of product architecture, product family platforms and technology choices, compliant with the overall HealthSuite Reference Architecture and leveraging common platforms and technology choices.
- Being part of the core portfolio management team, driving choices based on insights across the programs
- The Principal Architect will be the line manager of the System Architects within Grooming & Beauty.
- Co-define the innovation program, with focus on future-looking activities.
- Work closely with the Chief Architects Office as well as the Product Platform organizations across Philips.
- Identify and drive new platform initiatives, based on a deep and broad understanding of Philips products and the roadmaps that we want to drive.
- Help to make bold choices!
- Defining the scope and challenges with partners and identifying key issues.
- Acting within the entire context (business, organization, roadmaps, external world, overall ecosystem etc.) seeking for convergence, bringing together prior art, internal and external trends, and remaining current with regards to professional/industry knowledge.
- Drive technology developments for technologies new to Philips with high strategic business impact (revolutionary), including outside-in (public-private-partnership).
- Guiding and inspiring others in and outside the architect community
You are a part of:
The Principal Architect will be an important part of our innovative, talented Research & Development organization within the Philips Grooming & Beauty business, which delivers innovative consumer products for personal well-being. Our brand promise is to deliver innovation that matters – meaning our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations helping consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Engineering or related technical disciplines, with relevant experience in a leading tech-company (Consumer Electronics or HealthTech/Medical Device preferred)
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive work experience, preferably as a senior architect in a product engineering context, preferably in a healthcare company.
- Proven teamwork, including ability to work effectively across organizational and geographic boundaries, building bridges between teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing development teams in a global, multi-location organization.
- Architecture skills based on high quality delivery of solutions that include a breadth of hardware as well as software understanding.
- Excellent communication skills and proven track record for developing high-trust relationships, including during times of escalations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multiyear experience covering multiple domains, complex systems (e.g. distributed systems), and multiple technology areas.
- Ability to shape direction and deal with uncertainties.
- If selected you will be taking on a variety of topics such as: cutting elements hardware, batteries, motors, connectivity chips/firmware, materials, colors, finishing, packaging, life cycle cost, etc. You will be the all-round ‘spider in the web’ and will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of topics across businesses.
In return, we offer you:
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment, with great opportunities for you to explore! Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.