Procurement Engineer Homecare
Vacature van Philips
In this role you have the opportunity to
Represent procurement in the business. You work in projects to bring new products to the market and to deliver cost savings. By taking part in new product development and collaborating with the cross-functional team and business stakeholders, you govern that products are developed at the optimal cost level while delivering the right value for the consumer.You are driving this by applying value engineering, early supplier involvement and the design-for-excellence methodology, as well as ensuring a competitive supplier landscape with strategic sourcing and support in negotiations.
Are you a creative person thinking out of the box to tackle challenges and grab opportunities, do you have interest in a wide variety of aspects of running a business in an optimal way and the skills to work and connect with our suppliers and stakeholders of all functions? Do you recognize yourself and do you know you can contribute on this journey, and then apply now as Procurement Engineer for Homecare.
You are responsible for
- • Ensuring the optimized E2E Total Cost Ownership (cost, quality, availability) in product solutions and business creation through the full life cycle, utilizing Design for Excellence (DfX).
- • Representing procurement in new product development, matching suppliers against business needs and leading supplier selection ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy.
- • Identifying and executing supplier improvement projects to control and mitigate procurement related risks (quality, availability and cost).
- • Identifying supplier manufacturability issues by collaborating with suppliers and implementing feedback with SQE and Engineering.
- • Supporting the negotiation teams with conceptual and fact-based information and opportunities to drive significant structural cost reduction improvement.
- • Creating a procurement strategy that enables the business road map.
- • Providing input to the Commodity teams regarding the supply base characteristics, based on the business requirements.
You are a part of
Boost your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization of Home Care, working with new technologies focusing on growth categories. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to develop and enhance your career. Join our team as we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and flexibility in a career with a positive and encouraging atmosphere in which you can strengthen your talents further. Use your creativity and create a significant impact.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Professional with a 5-10 years proven track
- Has experience in DfX and in Value Engineering.
- Expert in initiating and driving cost down projects and contributing to new product introduction projects
- Knowledge leader regarding costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects.
- A team player who is both proactive and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively
- Can think strategically and is at the same time hands on. Delivers results.
- Understands and is able to challenge blue prints and specifications
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred
- Most important you will breath ambition and have a can do mindset
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to manage and drive facilitated brainstorms to get the best ideas out of a cross functional team, drive cost optimization initiatives across the value chain of the business and drive innovation and technology in close cooperation with our suppliers. You will also have the chance to manage the challenging and changing environment, while constantly improving internal processes and business tools.
In this role you get to know all aspects of the business E2E value chain and can be part of product solutions from the very start until the end of life.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.