Product Industrialization Engineer Molding
Vacature van Philips
This is a 6 months contract opportunity. Freelancers are also welcome to apply*
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to improve people’s Health & Well-being through meaningful innovation, by connecting Innovation and Industrialization in the technical area.
Together with a project team, the product industrialization engineer molding specifies and implements molding systems for mass manufacturing and as technical specialist, the product industrialization engineer molding is responsible for the process and takes care that molding systems are performing against product and production requirements.
You are responsible for
- Benchmark own activities. Define trend reports and technology roadmap (long term plan) for own technology area
- Specify and outsource engineering development activities, research activities, production systems and tools. Supplier auditing and developing
- Define AD/PDLM plan for own activities. Define well considered concept choices. Review activities of engineers and suppliers
- Manage the execution of multi capex-, improvement- and outsourcing projects. Actively use risk management tools. Lead AD projects or sub-PDLM projects
- Define, apply and improve SWI procedures and supplier base mgt tools and methods. Develop and use of DFSS improvement tools. Support engineers regarding to tools and methods. Apply lean manufacturing principles.
- Define, execute and secure Knowledge Management plans for own competence area. Plan resources for own activities
- Coach team members. Give input for performance appraisals of team members.
You are part of:
The product industrialization engineering (PIE) team in Drachten.
PIE develops & realizes world-class industrialization solutions with passion for Shavers, Grooming, Baby appliances and other Philips products. PIE plans and implements integral architecture for product, process and supply chain to improve cost agility, time to market, volume mix flexibility and sustainability.
PIE develops partnerships (Turn Key suppliers) to speed up innovation and use their knowledge & state of the art technologies resulting in fast & smooth product launches.
PIE implements robust sustainable processes and equipment by applying Standard Work Industrialization and DFSS. We apply Lean Excellence principals in everything we do, by strong and competent teams:
- Manage competences (e.g. training & job rotation).
- Attract and develop diverse talent.
- Apply knowledge management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Knowledge of fundamentals in ISBM.
- Able to execute DFM analyses, make DFM reports and analyze DFM reports.
- Basic knowledge of resins used.
- Knowledge about measuring, able to read and understand drawings.
- Able to use NX or equivalent 3D CAD system.
- Understanding of Moldflow analyses.
- Understanding of mold constructions, knowledge on ISBM mold cost drivers
- Understanding of ISBM process, able to do molding trials, trouble shooting and process investigations.
- Able to make functional mold and functional ISBM specifications.
- Able to estimate mold prices and cycle times of ISBM process.
- Able to manage ordering, realization and release of new ISBM molds .
- Minimal Six Sigma or DMAIC trained (Green Belt), preferably certified.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and team up with others.
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player.
- Proactive approach, can-do mentality and hands on way of working.
- Can work autonomously and in teams.
- Able to think in scenarios.
- Challenging attitude when needed.
- Able to train and coach less experienced people.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or industrial design engineering.
- Minimal 5 years relevant working experience in plastic part making, preferably in mass production environment for consumer products.
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative and dynamic environment with great opportunities for you to explore and learn.
The experience to work in multidisciplinary teams. Working with innovative external suppliers all over the world. Product design, product development and mass manufacturing on one site. This enables you to work in various projects and career opportunities.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.